We understand that job security is highly important and are proud that during the Global Pandemic, we made the conscious decision not to lose any of our team. Our seasonal and permanent team members are equally important and fundamental to our family run business. The passion and commitment of our team has helped us through uncertain times, and now we can look forward to a strong future, together. If you would like be part of a business that looks after its team members, providing security, then look no further:
Braddicks Leisure is a family run business operating within the hospitality and tourism industry. Predominantly based in Westward Ho! We own The Pier House, The Waterfront Inn, the Fairway Buoy, HoBarts family amusement centres and Braddicks Holiday Centre. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering the very best service to our customers.
The Pier House is our flagship Bar and Restaurant. This fast-paced busy venue caters for intimate dining through to weddings for 160 covers plus. In the summer, the terraces also add to table covers. We take pride in our dishes and strive for excellence. Our team has a unique passion for delivering excellence to the highest standard and excels at customer services and satisfaction.
If you have a passion for passion for excellent food and a desire to develop your cooking skills whilst under the mentorship of our Head Chef, we would love to hear from you.
As a Chef de Partie you will assist in running an efficient and profitable kitchen, using quality ingredients to inspire flavourful menus and prepare attractive food. You will prepare and cook dishes with guidance from the Head Chef and Sous Chefs.
You will be responsible for maintaining your kitchen station and equipment throughout your shift whilst showing willingness to progress and deliver customer satisfaction through the dishes you prepare
As a CDP your role will involve:
- Maintain kitchen area and equipment, ensuring your station and utensils are always in a hygienic condition.
- Be prepared to prepare and envision varying menus.
- Deliver a speedy service whilst ensuring the quality and presentation of food.
- Consider portion control to minimise waste whilst preparing dishes.
- Understand and comply with company policy on HACCP, fire precautions, legal requirements.
- Establish relationships with attending kitchen staff and other members of staff throughout the venue.
You will need to be highly organised with good communication skills. The successful candidate must be punctual, reliable, trustworthy and have a good eye for attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a Chef de Partie or in a similar role
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to use your own initiative using quality ingredients to inspire dishes
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Have a passion for and genuine interest in food.
- Be a team player.
- Have good knowledge of HACCP procedures and regulations.
When you join the team, you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- PAID HOLIDAY
- TRAINING and POTENTIAL CAREER PROGRESSION
- FANTASTIC TEAM ENVIRONMENT
- AUTO-ENROLMENT PENSION SCHEME
- DISCOUNT ON HOLIDAYS across the group for you, your friends, and your family
- FREE SHIFT MEALS
- TIP SHARE
- FREE SOFT DRINKS & HOT BEVERAGES
- UNIFORM PROVIDED
- FREE ONSITE PARKING